Friday 28 July 2017

My Brother's Typing Assignment #5

I was happy when my brother called and asked what I was doing one day.  I just happened to be finishing up Typewriter Assignment #2 and was telling him how it worked.  He expressed an interest and I quickly seized upon it to try and convince him to get involved.

It just so happened that when we had last been together, I bought a trio of Olympia typewriters (a 4, 5 and 9) and could only take one home on the plane, the rest he was generous enough to drive home and we would connect later on to get them back.

Although he wanted to use the SM5 with its smooth white painted finish, the ribbon was dead and he didn't have any replacements.  The SM9, a more restrained (and less exciting) grey keyed unit was accessible and still had some ribbon life.  I encouraged him to use it and talked him through releasing the carriage lock over the phone.  He figured out the rest.

Now although he wasn't able to do #3 and #4, I was surprised last week when he sent me #5.  So I am happy posting this on his behalf.

Good work bro!  And I look forward to seeing more. 

Here is Pat (Patty) Bohanga's Typewriter Assignment #5, typed on an Olympia SM9.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment